Thursday, August 11, 2011

Spent

Somewhere inside me, there's a girl screaming to get out. To reach out. To have somebody care long enough to let me talk, cry, curl up and forget about the rest of the world for a while. But instead, I push forward as always, putting on a facade just enough to cover the pain and exhaustion that's really there. The dark circles aren't going to hide it for long, however. I was so longing for a night of respite and being able to get these burdens out of my mind and off my heart last night. But there were other things to talk about. Trivial. Not important. I felt like I was drowning in a sea of non sequential-ness. My thoughts ranged from "who cares" to "shut up already". My only saving grace is I still have the capacity to keep these thoughts inside my head instead of letting my tongue loose and destroying all the relationships in my path. Things will get better, right? When you've come so close to hitting the bottom of the emotional range, there's only one way to go- up. At least I hope so.  

No comments:

Post a Comment